House feeling stuffy? Here are three tips from the HVAC engineering experts on how to keep your Florida home cool and comfortable.
If you feel like your Florida home should be cooler than it is, the HVAC engineering experts have tips that can help. Although the Florida heat is nothing new, you shouldn’t have to deal with a stuffy and uncomfortable home. Keep reading for three things you can do to increase the comfort level to keep things cool in your home.
Is Your A/C Up to the Task? Schedule an Assessment
Your home is not staying as cool as you would like, even when you are running your air conditioning non-stop. This is a frustrating problem and may mean that you need an assessment from a professional. A qualified HVAC engineering expert will be able to provide a site visit to assess your current system and determine whether a repair or adjustment is sufficient, or if you would be better off with new system installation.
Often, there are specific design issues with the air conditioning, ventilation, or thermostat that are keeping your A/C from doing its job. By taking an engineering approach to your air conditioning assessment, you’ll be able to get to the root of the issue right away. An HVAC engineering professional can help you to identify the right solutions to save you money while keeping your home cool.
Avoid Overworking Your Unit
Cranking the A/C may seem like a good idea if you can’t seem to get your home comfortable, but it can result in a shocking energy bill and may not even accomplish the task of cooling things off sufficiently. In addition to scheduling an assessment of your system, there are steps you can take to avoid overworking it and paying the price later:
- Keep any blinds or curtains drawn to reduce sun and heat from coming through your windows
- Limit your appliance use during the hottest times of the day
- Run ceiling fans to keep the air circulating, which makes the area feel more comfortable without lowering the thermostat
- Create a set program for your thermostat so it works to keep your home at a consistent temperature, gradually allowing the temperature to increase when you are away and lower when you are home
- Keep up with HVAC maintenance, such as air filter changes and regularly scheduled tune-ups, to ensure your system is running as efficiently as possible
Consider a New HVAC System Design
If you are wasting money on high energy bills and your home is still not cool enough, it may be time to consider a new HVAC system design and installation. Your trusted HVAC engineering professional will be able to help you determine if the time is right. Installing a right-sized system customized to meet your building structure’s needs will enable you to achieve the most comfortable environment possible.
Reach Out to Hibbard for Expert HVAC Engineering
At Hibbard Engineering, our goal is to ensure your HVAC system is as efficient and effective as it can be. We focus on saving you money without sacrificing comfort. Contact our team of HVAC engineering experts today to get the solutions you need to keep your Florida home cool.